Hobart’s accommodation capacity is expanding rapidly with six new hotels underway, including two luxury and one five-star hotel. The new hotels will be conveniently located in Hobart’s CBD and within short walking distance of many of Hobart’s conferencing and function venues, restaurants, entertainment and shopping precinct.
Set to open on 1 June 2017, the stunning storytelling hotel, MACq01 will be the first to open.
The new hotels will provide an additional 1,156 accommodation rooms in Hobart’s CBD:
- MACq01 a luxury 114-suite waterfront hotel by Federal Group Opening June 2017
- Ibis Style 296-room 4 to 4.5-star hotel (under construction) by Singaporean Fragrance Group (completion mid 2017)
- Luxury Collection (Marriott International) 128-room hotel in Parliamentary Square (completion Oct 2018)
- Crowne Plaza, a 278-room 4.5-star hotel by InterContinental Hotels Group (completion July/Aug 2018)
- Vibe Hotel, a 120-room 4.5-star hotel by International Hotelier (commencing early 2017)
- Hyatt Centric Hotel, 206-room 5-star twin-tower hotel (commencing mid-2017, completion early 2019).