Chief Executive Officer
- Challenging and high-profile role with an influential Business Events organisation
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team focused on growing Tasmania’s Business Events sector
- Be rewarded for your strategic and tactical know-how
A rare opportunity has arisen for an experienced and passionate leader to join the Business Events Tasmania team as its Chief Executive Officer (CEO). Business Events Tasmania is a not-for-profit organisation, with around 200 members, that is dedicated to marketing Tasmania nationally and internationally and securing business events to be hosted in the State.
As leader of this influential and highly valued organisation, this role offers you the opportunity to be recognised for the breadth of your leadership and commercial experience. With responsibility for securing business events that benefit our members, stakeholders and the Tasmanian tourism industry and community, particularly in the off-peak season,this is an exceptional opportunity to be rewarded for your ability to develop and execute business strategies that achieve impressive results. In addition to your strategic capabilities, you will also be appreciated for your ability to effectively manage resources and lead a multi-disciplinary team, which includes sales, marketing, distribution, member services, communications, partnerships and advocacy expertise.
This prominent role is ideal for a driven and talented professional:
- who is deeply passionate about Tasmania’s ability to attract events that capitalise on our competitive advantages
- with a track record of driving impressive sales results and marketing strategies
- with a proven ability to lead and develop cohesive, high performing teams that achieve shared goals
- who is highly respected, very well connected, and understands how to leverage their networks
- with an intuitive ability to advocate, and build productive alliances and partnerships; and
- who is undaunted by challenges, such as ambitious KPIs and sales targets.
Reporting to the Business Events Tasmania Board through the Chair, this is a unique opportunity to showcase your extensive skills and experience in a supportive environment where the opportunities to make a tangible difference are endless.
In exchange for your exceptional skills, knowledge and unwavering enthusiasm, we offer a competitive salary, superannuation and car package.
For more information or for a confidential discussion, please contact The Chair of the Business Event Tasmania Board, Mark Kelleher on 0419 331 653 or email@example.com.
To apply, please submit your resume, along with a brief statement (maximum 500 words), outlining your experience in leading the development of effective marketing strategies and the achievement of impressive sales results.
Applications close 5pm 16th February 2018.